Last modified: June 28, 2021
IntroductionAlternative Fund Advisors, LLC (“Company” or “we”) respect your privacy. We are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit alternativefundadvisors.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information. This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
Website User Eligibility RequirementsOur Website is offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older. By using this Website, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with the Company and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use this Website, or provide any information on this Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (617) 546-3301.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect ItWe collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, and company information (“personal information”); and
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and other information available as described below.
Information You Provide to UsThe information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of or requesting further information.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection TechnologiesAs you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including time of visit, pages visited, time spent on specific webpages, referring site details, document downloads, clicks on links to external websites, error messages, clicks on videos, scroll depth, interactions with site-specific widgets and other information about your use of the Website.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information described below..
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your InformationWe use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the assets of the Company, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our clients, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your InformationWe strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information: